Rolex Submariner 16610LV fat 4
Rolex Submariner 16610LV fat 4 is the first mark of the 16610LV, recognizable by the insert, the dial and the bracelet. These 3 components are different from the later marks.
Batch of production
The fat 4 has been produced from the end of 2003 (serial Y8*) to the begin of 2004 (F5*).
There is a special pre-serie of fat 4, called mark 0. It's the watch presented in Basel 2003.
The insert bezel
The main, but not the only one, feature of the Rolex Submariner 16610LV mark 1. The name itself is inherited by this feature.
- 4 of the bezel in 40 is truncated
- font is thinner than the other marks.
In the following picture, a close-up of the truncated 4 in the insert bezel of a Rolex Submariner 16610LV fat 4
- "SWISS MADE" written at 6 o'clock is wider and the minute track at 28°, 29°, 30°, 31° e 32° is truncated to leave enough space for this text
- The "O" in "Rolex" is oval
- There is much space between the words "OYSTER PERPETUAL DATE"
The first bracelet 93250 have the reference number engraved on the last link of the bracelet. In the same period of the introduction of F4* serial numbers, the reference has been engraved inside the endlink. For this reason, the first fat 4 (to F3*) have a different bracelet as well.
The box and outer box
The box is the green one (reference 64.00.01) with yellow gold lines on the top face
And the outer box has the green rocks on the background: